Health in Motion Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy in Southport, CT 06890
At Health in Motion, now located at the Mission Training Center, our primary concern is our patients and our community. We believe in serving the community in which we live. Our mission is to provide each and every client with outstanding care and to ensure you are treated with respect and compassion throughout the process.
We can treat your aches and pain whether they are acute with a sudden onset or chronic like overuse injuries or work related. Some of the typical clients we see are:
- Sports Specific Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Neck and Low Back Pain or Surgeries
- Balance and Fall Prevention
- Lower Extremity Injuries
- Ankle Sprains/Fractures
- ACL/MCL or PCL injuries
- Meniscus Injuries
- Hip Pain
- Arthritis or Tendinitis Pain
- Upper Extremity Injuries
- Adhesive Capsulitis or Frozen Shoulder
- Elbow Tendinitis (Tennis or Golfer’s elbow)
- Wrist Fractures or Sprains
- Post Surgical Rehabiliatation
- Motor Vehicle and/or Work-Related Injuries
- Pediatric Physical Therapy – “Let’s give our children roots so they may have wings.”
- Cancer Survivor Rehabilitation – We provide a seamless transition from healthcare supervision to independent activity.
- Myofascial Release and Craniosacral Therapy
Last year, I injured my shoulder pruning a tree in my yard. The next morning I couldn't lift my left arm above my head, close my car door nor put a dress shirt on pain free. It remained that way for 6 months and resigned myself that I was headed for surgery. Diane began to treat me at that point with different therapies including stretches, exercises and massage. Within 2 months, I was totally pain free with full mobility and strength. She's a true professional, extremely knowledgeable I highly recommend her.
I went to Diane with an on-going lower back pain due to stenosis of the spine and a slight herniated disc. She took considerable time to truly understand the cause of my pain and helped me realize the pain I was experiencing in my hip was also part of the problem. I then began a weekly course of treatment with Diane which included in depth massage therapy, stretches, exercises and electric stimulation therapy. She also provided me with a series of at-home stretches and exercises to work on my own. I have had tremendous relief from my back pain and can’t thank her enough for giving me the tools I will need the rest of my life to manage my condition.